|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required.|
Google Chromecast was introduced in 2013 when smart TVs were a novelty. This tiny device was designed to wirelessly cast smartphone apps, including video streaming apps on to televisions. It quickly gave traditional TVs a range of smart skills rather inexpensively. The most recent versions, the Chromecast Ultra and the Chromecast 3rd-gen were announced in 2016 and 2018 respectively. These dongles had some design changes, but their features were very similar to the first-generation Chromecast. Google’s new Chromecast in 2020, comes built with Google TV. The new device runs on a faster OS, has a spectrum of streaming services, and it also brings a voice assistant to your fingertips. Google has given the new Chromecast a fresh design. The new device is elongated, has more rounded edges, and it looks like a small pebble that connects to TVs using HDMI. The device comes with an USB Type-C port on its one end. Thankfully, Google bundles a Type-C cable, and an USB adaptor. The new Chromecast now comes in three different colours – Snow, Sunrise and Sky. The new device is also more environmentally friendly as Google says, it is manufactured from 49 per cent recycled plastics. The biggest improvement the new Chromecast offers over the predecessors is the inclusion of remote. This remote is powered by 2 AAA batteries, and it comes with a circular d-pad button on the top to make navigating through settings and content easier. There are other eight buttons which include, Back, Input, Home, Mute, Power and dedicated buttons for Netflix, YouTube and Google Assistant.
- Designed to support 4K UHD resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels at 60Hz to make visual sequences come alive right before your eyes
- HDR 10 Plus with Dolby Vision HDR format enhances the black and white levels to highlight the colours in the darkest of visual sequences
- Google TV organises your favourite TV shows, movies, and music content in a unified interface for easy access
- Voice-activated remote control allows you to access anything from the comfort of your couch
- Plugs into the HDMI port and connects to a Wi-Fi network to offer easy installation